Beau Belle Village

Beau Belle Village Second Life Group

Design Ideas for Team Beau Belle's 2014 Campsite?

The Relay for Life opens on Saturday, July 19. Beau Belle has a plot upon which we can build something to represent our team. The RFL committee would like us to incorporate the 2014 theme "A Journey of Promise," and I think it would be nice to represent the venues participating in the campaign - Belle's Coffee Shop, the Leonard Cohen Club, Kelly's Closet, Toot Toots Carolina Pub. What should we build? My thought is perhaps to do a musical journey, since all our venues have something to do with our love of music.

Views: 165

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

ACK! Sorry guys - it looks like we have less time to build than I thought - only through Wednesday! Just got this message:

Group Notice From: RFL of SL Land and Events Mgmt, Sunshine Zhangsun

Hi all  ... just a couple of reminders:
-  Remember the goal is to have all building completed by midnight on Wednesday, July 16 as the sims will be closed on July 17th for a walk through and performance check out
- Please ensure that you do not have any trees or other prims hanging over the track (exception of bridges).
-  If you are concerned about prim  usage, call us and we will let you know if you are near your 1500 or 2500 limit.
Thank you for being here and for what you do for Relay!

Check out some of the pictures Ceren has taken of the build:

Gateway / Entrance

Central Structure and Walkway

Central Structure - Aerial View

Wow! The camp is looking really good! Thank you, Tansee for the trees and flowers. And thank you, May, for doing the research on the healthy plants. Sorry it didn't pan out. It was a good idea.

Sabi

A little musical joke that hopefully doesn't fall FLAT. Anyone taking NOTES?

The Staff Meeting cartoon

Some "healing music" quotes:

“… The splinters that you carry,

The cross you left behind –

Come healing of the body,

Come healing of the mind …”

– Leonard Cohen

“I use music in the operating room to help create a healing environment for patients and staff. There is a reason that certain heart rates are healthy and certain beats of music heal and relax us.” – Bernie Siegel

“I think music in itself is healing. It's an explosive expression of humanity. It's something we are all touched by. No matter what culture we're from, everyone loves music.”  – Billy Joel

“Music has healing power. It has the ability to take people out of themselves for a few hours.” – Elton John

“Music really is our daily medicine.” – Evelyn Glennie

“Music’s the medicine of the mind.” – John A. Logan

“Music is such a healing thing, no matter who you are.” – Kate Voegele

“Music is therapy. Music moves people. It connects people in ways that no other medium can. It pulls heart strings. It acts as medicine.” – Macklemore

“When a person listens to a good song, and they can look out at the world and their lives and see the dark and the light, the negative and the positive, all the different elements, all come together in one holistic poem, that is a very healing and very reductive thing, and that's what my music is about.” – Matisyahu

May O. Mingzi said:

A little musical joke that hopefully doesn't fall FLAT. Anyone taking NOTES?

The Staff Meeting cartoon

That was very cute, May!!!!!!!!!! LOL! How did you find that!

The parcel looks beautiful!!! We are a great team!

I was re-reading the rules and realized they state that as many things as possible should be phantom. I made the fence phantom. This saves on lag due to the physics involved according to the rules. I don't think there is anything else that should or could be phantom on our parcel.

This arial shot of our RFL site shows that one of our builders placed the site elements in such a way as to resemble a guitar. How lovely! Thank you!

How very clever! I was wondering if we should arrange things to look like something from the air, or spell out a word. A guitar - perfect!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by Bluebell Broome.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service